After getting accepted in a university and being granted a visa to study in Australia, we will guide you through the scholarships offered by the country and how to apply for them. So, if you are looking forward to getting a scholarship in Australia, just get ready.
Types of Scholarships in Australia
There are four types of scholarships in Australia, which are designated for the international students. They are as the following:
- Endeavour International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (EIPRS): this is the most common and best-known scholarship. The Australian government is the one who sponsors such scholarships, with financial aid that could reach 100%.
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS): these are similar to the EIPRS, but under the sponsorship of the universities themselves. The financial aid could reach 100%, especially for the exceptional students in the fields of science and mathematics.
- Scholarships offered by specific institutions to study specific fields, such as the National Institute for Information Technology and Communication in Australia. The institute offers scholarships that are related to the computer, electronics, information technology, and communication.
Another one is the Commonwealth Scientificand Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), which offers scholarships inscientific, industrial, and engineering fields. You can get more informationabout these scholarships from the university that you got accepted to.
- Research scholarships: these are being disclosed by the supervising professors, but with very limited places. To get one of these scholarships, the student can ask in the department of his specialization to know the supervisor who can offer such scholarships.
General advice to get a scholarship in Australia
- Prepare all the required documents carefully and submit your application before the deadline.
- Make sure to submit your documents in time.
- Attach an updated resume that includes all your achievements in all fields, together with the confirming documents.
- Attach recommendation letters from your manager, professor, and acquaintances, as they play an important role in getting the scholarships.
- Apply for a number of available scholarships at the same time, as this increases your chance to get one.
Websites to Apply to Scholarships
The following are some websites on which you can apply to scholarships in Australia:
This website offers scholarships under the Australian government’s sponsorship. Financial aid reaches up to 100% for some academic years.
Visit Australia Awards for more info.
It also offers scholarships under the Australian government’s sponsorship, with financial aid that could reach 100% for some academic years.
To get more info, visit International Education.
The Department of Education and Training
It displays scholarships under the universities’ sponsorship, with financial aid that could reach 50% of the tuition fees for specific years.
Learn more from Department of Education and Training.
Available Partial Scholarships at the Present Time
Australian Catholic University
The university offers scholarships for its international students, with up to 50% coverage of the educational program fees for all or some of the years.
Find more info at Australian Catholic University.
It offers a number of exciting and generous scholarships to support international students who are studying bachelor, postgraduate, and research programs. The financial aid could reach 100% for all years, according to the specialization and excellence.
Read about the scholarships offered by Griffith University.
University of South Australia
More than 2,500 international students in the university benefit from the multi-million-dollar scholarships. Specialization and excellence are taken into consideration during the admission process.
It offers more than 200 scholarships for new and current students. It covers the tuition fees, travel, and accommodation, with financial aid that could reach 100% for all the academic years.
University of Canberra
The university offers scholarships for its international students in allthe following disciplines:
- Network engineering
- Software engineering
- Sports and exercise
The university offers high-level financial aid for female researchers from developing countries.
University of Wollongong
It offers various scholarships, as per the disciplines and scientific degrees.
Check the website of University of Wollongong to apply.