Have you ever thought about traveling to Britain to complete your undergraduate studies, and proceed with your career at the UK’s top international universities? Have you ever thought about taking a scholarship in the UK to help you pay for tuition and accommodation? All this is now possible by immigrating to the UK and obtaining a student visa and a Chevening Scholarship.
It is not a requirement anymore to be wealthy to study at the best universities in the UK. The UK has become one of the first countries to serve knowledge and education. Every year accepting huge numbers of students, aspiring to improve their studies and careers.
What makes Chevening unique?
The Chevening scholarship is funded by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) along with partner organizations. Chevening offers emerging leaders from countries all over the world the unique opportunity to study in the UK. These outstanding aspiring leaders can then pursue a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any university in the UK.
Moreover, this award has a very competitive selection process. This makes it one of the most prestigious scholarships you can apply for to study in the UK.
Eventually, if you are admitted to study under this program, the British Government will cover the full university expenses. The scholarship also includes travel and visa fees, as well as a monthly allowance of up to £1,200. Which helps you to cover the expenses of food and housing. But you can also save them in addition to several other bursaries.
UK Chevening Scholarship requirements
Certainly, to be eligible for the Chevening Scholarship, you must meet the following conditions:
- Be among the eligible countries of Chevening Program. You can find the list of eligible countries here.
- Plan to return to work in their home country in at least two years after the end of their studies in the UK.
- Have a university degree with at least a grade B (good)
- Have at least two years of work experience in any field, even in a field far from the specialty they intend to pursue. Work experience can even be voluntary, as long as they have proof.
- Apply to three universities and be accepted at least in one of them. Check out the universities participating in the Chevening program.
- Being highly qualified graduates with the personal and intellectual qualities necessary for leadership. One of the most important elements of selection in the British Chevening Scholarship is the talent. Applicants should be identified as potential future leaders in the disciplines available at the UK universities they intend to join.
- Apply to either three different specialties at the same university or three similar specialties at different universities. Provided that the course is not more than one year in the Master’s field.
- Not to be a British citizen
- You are not working or have worked for the British Government at embassies or home affairs offices, and you should not have a relative working for it
- If you had Chevening Scholarship before, you should wait 5 years before applying again.
- The application for the next university entry must be submitted no later than 11th of July
- Candidates must meet the English language requirements.
Learn more about the acceptance criteria for the Chevening Scholarship.
Specializations offered by the Chevening program in the UK
There is a wide range of specializations that can be studied under the Chevening program. Here are some of them:
- Politics and international relations
- Law and human rights
- Communication, media, and journalism
- Economy and finance
- Public policy
- Human development studies
How do you get a Chevening Scholarship in the UK?
If you met the above conditions, you have taken an important step towards applying for a scholarship and continuing your studies in the UK.
Scholarship Registration Steps
Firstly read the above conditions carefully, and then register on the official website and start filling out the application form.
Secondly, you must choose the universities you want to go to in order to complete the study, depending on the specialization you want.
Important Note: You can apply to a maximum of three universities and be selected to study at one university. Make sure the university is involved in the Chevening program.
The third step to enrolling in a scholarship is to start preparing for the English exam you have to take after selecting a university.
- The academic IELTS needs a score of 6.5 as a condition for the acceptance of the grant.
- The TOEFL IBT test requires 79 as a condition for admission to the scholarship.
Unquestionably it is worth noting that universities take the English language test seriously to accept the nomination file. Admissions are notified to those selected for the interview by mid-February of each year. Requiring the students to send two copies of their application before 4th of March.
The costs covered by the British Chevening Grant
The cost of studying and living in Britain is one of the major concerns of international students. The Chevening Scholarship is a sort of stroke of luck, as it is one of the few fully-funded scholarships. Where they grant the student up to £ 18,000.
The scholarship includes the following expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Housing and living costs.
- Traveling cost.
- Costs of obtaining a student visa in Britain.
- Economy class travel to and from the country of residence.
- Contribute to health tests in urgent cases.
Learn about the least expensive universities in Britain in case you prefer to save from the scholarship.
The British Chevening Scholarship opens up great prospects and great opportunities to live a unique experience and adapt to the customs and traditions of British society.The scholarship, although is limited to one year, but is still renewable. It then becomes a fellowship program. In this case, you can get it by displaying high leadership potential and successful academic results.
Related topics :