There are many types of scholarships available in Ireland that help students cover the costs of university study in Ireland. These scholarships fund study in whole or in part.
These grants are offered from a variety of sources, such as grants from the Irish government, institutions, and associations, or higher education institutions.
The conditions for obtaining any type of the scholarships available in Ireland vary from one institution to another, and one of the most important conditions is to first get accepted to study at an accredited Irish university or higher education institution and to continue studying at a full university degree.
Find out with the next examples about the types of scholarships available in Ireland, whether provided by universities, other higher education institutions, or by the government or associations:
Irish Research Council for the Humanities and Social Sciences (IRCHSS)
The Irish Research Office is funding the research in the humanities, social sciences, business, and law with the aim of creating useful new knowledge as well as experiences for Ireland’s economic, social and cultural development.
DIT Centenary Scholarship Program
The Dublin Institute of Technology offers 60 scholarships to all students not affiliated with the European Union or the European Industrial Area. This scholarship benefits students who pursue a master’s degree at the Dublin Institute of Technology in the four colleges of the institution. The scholarship covers half of the study costs.
Apply to DIT Centenary Scholarship Program
The Galway Mayo Institute of Technology scholarships
The Galway Technology Foundation offers scholarships to all international students. These scholarships are offered in the form of a 30% reduction in tuition costs at this institution.
The Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship
These scholarships are available by the Irish government, which offers 60 scholarships to all students from non-European countries. The value of one scholarship amounts to 10,000 euros per year.
The scholarship may be for students of:
- The final year of the undergraduate program.
- One academic year of the master’s degree program.
- One year of the research program (master or doctoral program)
Learn more about the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship
Postgraduate Fellowships: The Walsh Fellowships
The Teagasc Commission for Agricultural and Food Development offers € 22,000 in scholarships for Master of Science as well as P.hD. students.
The grants have after Dr. Tom Walsh’s name, the first director of the Al Falahri Foundation for Research and the National Consulting and Training Service who merged into the Teagasc Corporation.
Law Ph.D. Scholarship Opportunity at DCU
The Dublin City University provides a four-year scholarship to Ph.D. students in the Law Division who pursue their studies at the Dublin School of Law and Government. The amount of the grant is at 12,000 Euros for the year.
NUI Galway International Student Scholarships
The National University of Ireland Galway offers a range of scholarships:
- Undergraduate Merit Scholarships: A grant of € 2,000 is provided during the first year of studying for the undergraduate program at the National University of Ireland.
- Postgraduate Merit Scholarships: These grants are awarded to university graduate students of € 2,000 per year, and to obtain them you must submit an article on why you choose to study at the National University of Ireland, Galloway provided that they do not exceed 1000 words.
- Maynooth University Scholarships: The National University of Ireland, Maynooth, offers various scholarships for undergraduate, masters as well as doctorate degrees in multiple disciplines.
- UCC Excellence Scholarships: Cork University College provides an opportunity for P.hD students at Crooke College of Arts as well as, Social Sciences to benefit from a range of scholarships offered to distinguished students. These scholarships are available every year.
- University of Limerick Scholarships: University of Limerick students benefit from various scholarships that include majors in various university faculties:
- The Faculty of Science and Engineering scholarships: The Faculty of Science and Engineering offers scholarships for MA students in many disciplines, the value of scholarships are ranging from 1,500 to 2,000 euros per year.
- The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences: It awards numerous scholarships to students of the College of Arts, Humanities as well as Social Sciences. Students of various university degrees benefit from these grants, which are valued at 2,000 Euros.
For more information about all scholarships offered by different universities in Ireland, please browse the article of:
That contains links to the official websites of the university, which provides all the details about the types of scholarships available in Ireland in addition to the method of registration in order to benefit from them.