How to apply for Finnish university? As an international student, this is the first question that comes in mind. So if studying in Finland sounds like something you want to pursue, we will guide you in this article to know how to apply for Finnish universities as well as entry requirements.
In Finnish universities, you can experience the highest level of quality education.
Additionally, you have to know that there are two types of universities in Finland. Firstly, Public Universities teach courses in various fields. Secondly, Universities of Applied Science provide all possible means for students to get the best education which goes in line with the developments and requirements of the Business market.
So you need first to decide the type of university you want to complete your studies in.
Before starting the application process in Finnish universities, you should start thinking about the major you might be interested in, and decide the type of degree, whether it is a bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate.
All study programs of Finnish universities are available on the application page of the Studyinfo website. Besides, this website provides information about each major, the duration and tuition fees as well as other details related to studying at a Finnish university. Also, the application is only available during the application period of the study programs.
To apply to this website, you must follow the next steps:
- You must find a major compatible with the obtained certificate. Also, you can search for it through the search box on the website by writing the major type. For example, if you want to study engineering, the website will provide you with all the study programs of engineering and universities offering this major and all its types.
- Once applying for the major you prefer, the website will give you the right to choose 6 majors that you wish to study and to rank them according to preference.
- Fill out the application form: all you have to do is to open the application form and follow the steps accordingly.
Online Application Steps in Finnish University
- Start filling the personal information that includes name, nationality, the language of instruction and the obtained certificate. Also, the personal e-mail must be correct, whereby the university will contact you for everything related to application or study.
- For an international student, once the first step ends, you have to fill the information related to the obtained certificate in your country, the year, and the major type as well.
- Choose six majors that are compatible with the obtained certificate and rank them according to preference. Think this through carefully as it cannot be changed after the application period has ended. Also, note that you can choose the 6 majors whether from one or several different universities.
- Enter all your qualifications like a certificate of language proficiency.
- You have to review all information entered carefully before clicking the approval button. Then you will receive an email to confirm the application process.
- You have to print the application form and keep it.
- Write down the application number and keep it for future application purposes.
- You can do changes in the application by using the attached link in your email.
- Application for the spring semester starts from the 9th to 24th of January.
Entry Requirements in Finnish University
Entry requirements differ from one university to another according to the degree and program of study, and can be summarized as follows:
- The obtained certificate must be recognized by Finland.
- Mention the languages you are fluent in. Also, to continue study program in English, you have to submit either IELTS or TOEFL to prove your English proficiency.
- The university entrance exam. It is frequently required when you are applying for a bachelor’s degree in Applied Science University in Finland.
Check our tips to succeed in IELTS
After the application period ends, the universities will process all applications and take into consideration only the applications that meet the conditions of each university. Time of admissions results varies according to each university.
Once you receive your official admission to Finnish University, congratulations because you will have an unparalleled opportunity to study in one of the most important countries in the world in terms of quality education.