Perhaps the choice of distance learning in Canada is not arandom choice, given the progress the country has known in terms of educationand its facilitation of distance study.
Canada has already made great strides in developing education in its country, before getting into distance learning.
Basically, this indulgence in studying in Canada online derives from a belief in innovation and inclusive global education that has become part of our evolving world.
Moreover, Canada is already one of the pioneers in the field of distance education, as it has become a favorite destination for students from all over the world.
Indeed, the opportunity for distance learning in Canada is an opportunity for everyone who cannot leave his country for one reason or another.
Also read: comprehensive guide to studying in Canada
What are the advantages of remote study in Canada?
Canada is full of recognized and trusted universities and educational institutions. These universities have a global reputation and attracting students from all over the world. Hence, the opportunity to study in Canada remotely will enable you to enter a world-class educational path.
Moreover, online study in Canada allows you to organize your time in a way that allows you to study according to your free time. You can access lessons at any time of the day. It will be enough to set aside a specific time to study per day.
As it may be seen, while many suffer from the inability to leave their countries primarily for financial reasons, studying remotely in Canada will enable you to reduce costs and obtain education at a high level of flexibility.
Therefore, it suffices to have a strong will to allocate a specific time to study and to benefit from the value of education provided by Canadian universities via the Internet.
Learn also about Distance Learning in America
Specializations you can learn online in Canada
Indeed, you may be surprised how many majors you can learn in Canada remotely. Checking out such disciplines – which are in great demand all over the world – is of excellent value.
In addition, these specialties are often available in English and French. Obviously, it is well known that the Canadian region of Quebec has adopted French as well as English as a primary language within a number of disciplines in its universities.
Here is a list of some of the majors available:
- Political Economy.
- Political Science.
- Finance Resource.
- Business Technology Management.
- Health Management.
- Human Resources and Public Relations.
- Human Resource Management.
- Communication studies.
- Criminal Justice.
- Governance and Administration Law.
- Applied Mathematics.
- Computing and Information Systems.
There are also many other majors that can be studied in Canada over the Internet, just need to search for what you want to study.
Distance Bachelor’s degree in Canada
As a matter of fact, Canadian universities offer you the opportunity to study bachelors online in many disciplines as described in the previous paragraph. While you will find great flexibility at the level of choosing your study major, there are some conditions that you must meet:
- Level 12 in the English language
- Register by mail by sending your details by fax or to the university’s postal address where you will be registered
- Register a student account at the site of the university where you will study.
- Choose the major you will study and pay the costs of distance learning.
- A general secondary grade average specified by some universities reaches 75%. It may exceed it depending on the university you apply to.
- A certificate stating that you have been studying for a year or more at a university. The number of years required is determined by the requirements of the university that you applied for.
- International credit card to pay the registration fee.
- Registration requirements may vary from one university to another and from one major to another.
With regard to the costs of studying for a bachelor’s degree online in Canada, you will find more information about it in the study costs section below.
For more information about regular stusies in Canada, consult our comprehensive guide to studying in Canada.
Master’s degree remote study in Canada
As a matter of fact, there are several opportunities to study for obtaining a master’s degree in Canada remotely within a number of universities. Among the master’s degree majors that you can study, we can list:
- Master’s degree in Environment and Business
- Health Evaluation
- Management Sciences
- Mathematics for Teachers
- PlanningPublic Health
- Social Work
Conditions for obtaining a master’s degree in Canada:
Among the conditions that you must meet to apply for a master’s degree are:
- Completion of a 4-year study during undergraduate study with a grade point average of at least 75% during the last two years of study.
- Field experience by working in a field related to the master’s studies that you want to apply for within a specified number of years, depending on the university you are applying for.
- The possibility of accepting some students who do not meet the previous conditions provided that they have 8 years of experience within their field of specialization and a specific average score within an exam related to their field of study.
- Study some specific paths within some of the masters that require your pass from some previous educational paths in order to have an opportunity to apply to it.
Depending on the university you are applying for, TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB specific score level is required.
Consult our tips to succeed in IELTS.
At last, an official report with a statement of the scores obtained in the English language test is sent directly from the test service through which you passed the English language test.
Basically, conditions may appear flexible in some cases and may be difficult in other cases, depending on the requirements of each university and the major you choose.
As for the costs of studying an online master’s degree, it differs from one university to another and from a master’s program to another.
Hence, you will have to contact the university where you want to study a master’s degree remotely and inquire about the costs of the chosen master.
Distance learning universities in Canada
Many Canadian universities open the door to international students to study remotely in Canada. Besides, these universities offer a number of majors open to international students for online study.
Here is a list of the 10 best Canadian distance learning universities:
Royal Roads University
Thompson Rivers University
Memorial University Canada
University of Manitoba
University of New Brunswick
Teluq University Canada
Royal Military College of Canada
University Canada West
The costs of distance learning in Canada
Basically, the costs of distance learning in Canada differ from one university to another and depend on the major as well.
However, international students residing outside Canada should pay a specific fee often known as the Out of Country Fee.
Obviously, this cost of studying online in Canada may be the most prominent cost you will pay as an international student studying remotely. Basically, it exceeds $ 1,000 in some universities without accounting for other costs related to your study pathway as well as registration costs.
Therefore, some of the costs you pay for studying online in Canada can be summarized as follows:
- The cost of studying from outside the country – exceeds 1000 dollars in a number of universities.
- Registration cost – set at $ 115 at some universities.
- Education costs – between 350 and 500 dollars.
- The cost of education resources – approximately $ 200.
Please note that specific costs may increase or decrease from one university to another, with the possibility of imposing other costs.
Also read: Study in Canada at the lowest costs
Can you study in Canada remotely for free?
Finding free study opportunities in Canada remotely can be difficult. Indeed, most universities tend to provide courses paid with registration and specific costs for studying undergraduate and master’s degrees.
On the other hand, there is the possibility to find some other opportunities for free distance learning in Canada through some Canadian universities.
Likewise, some Canadian universities offer courses in several areas on well-known educational platforms.
Here we are talking about education platforms like Coursera, EdX, and others. Those platforms offer many educational courses free of charge for distance learning from world-class universities, including Canadian ones.
For example, several free courses from Canada University ofToronto can be found at the link below:
These courses are free of charge. However, to obtain a certificate after the completion of the study, a certain amount has to be paid.
At last, distance learning in Canada can open doors that have been locked for years. Therefore, try to find the major you want to study and make sure you have the determination and the will to finish your studies.
What about you, have you identified a major you wish to study online? Share your study project in the comment box below.